|A Note From Our Pastor|
|“It’s Time to Prepare for Lent”|
The Season of Lent is quickly approaching and we have lots of plans at Center Grove. This year, the Season of Lent begins Wednesday, March 2nd, and ends Saturday, April 16th. Traditionally, Christians have used these forty days, not including Sundays, as a time for prayer and fasting in preparation to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Our Lenten Sermon Series will be “7 Final Words from the Cross” based on the seven final statements of Jesus from the cross recorded in the Gospels. We pray that these statements will deepen our understanding of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us and strengthen our commitment to follow Him in this season and beyond.
Here are a few ways you can get involved with what is happening at the church during Lent:
1. Join “Preparing for the Lenten Journey: 3-Days of Prayer & Reflection” presented by Pastor Cowser & Pastor Royston on February 28th–March 2nd, at 7:00 a.m. via Facebook Live.
2. Attend Ash Wednesday Service on March 2nd, at 6:30 p.m. in-person or online. Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent and the service draws our attention to sin and death in light of God’s redeeming love in Jesus Christ. Those participating online may pick up ashes from the church on Thursdays, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
3. Join the Thursday Prayer & Fellowship Call with Pastor Royston beginning March 3rd at 12:00 p.m. Simply dial (951) 799-9577 to join the call. No access code is needed.
4. Join Wednesday In the Word with Pastor Cowser on Wednesdays at 12:00 p.m. on Facebook Live, March 9th – April 13th. Each week we will highlight one of the “7 Final Words from the Cross” and feature a discussion with one of our church members.
5. Participate in our Church-Wide Book Discussion via Zoom on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., March 9th – April 13th. The Pastoral Staff will lead us in an interactive discussion on Final Words from the Cross by Adam Hamilton. The book can be purchased on Amazon. To receive the Zoom link, visit shorturl.at/dyNXY or contact the church office.
In closing, I pray a special blessing over you and your family as we prepare to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. Above all, may you experience a new joy that comes from knowing that Jesus Christ loves us and He gave His life so that we might have a chance at life more abundantly.
|Wellington Hope’s community service organization, S.W.A.G.G. (Servants Working Assignments God Gave) was recently highlighted on PBS’s “Alabama Gospel Roots” Click the link below to view the full PBS episode.|
Alabama Gospel Roots
|WAAY 31 Celebrates Women of Color: Cynthia Joiner Click the link below to view the full story by Nakell Williams.|
February 13, 2022
Join us for our Worship Celebration on Sunday at 11:00 a.m. via In-Person, or Facebook Live on the Center Grove United Methodist Church Facebook page.
You can also join our live streaming celebration via the following media outlets:
Church Website: http://centergroveumc.org/
Remember The Sick & Home-bound
Mrs. Gladys Jacobs
Mrs. Madgie Jamar
Ms. Marjorie Ewing
Mrs. Cora King
Ms. Theresa Hope
Mrs. Zena Love Hill
Mr. Carl Bradley
Mrs. Barbara Baker
Mrs. Ollie Gilliam
Pastor Ruth J. Smith
Mrs. Carla Larry
Mr. Matthew Baker
Mr. E. L. Johnson
Celebrating Black History
|COVIDtests.gov – Free at-home COVID-19 tests Every home in the U.S. can soon order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests will be completely free—there are no shipping costs and you don’t need to enter a credit card number. www.covidtests.gov|