What’s Happening at CG?
We are exhorted by the Chronicler to give thanks to God for all of His wondrous works. Not only those who know God but, strangers are to give thanks also. Before we ask anything from God our first duty and devotion is to say thank you. Even in these challenging times of health and medical crisis we can thank God because things could always be worse. And we must know that we will need God in the coming days to deliver us from the pestilence in our midst. So today, we thank our God for all that He has done and is doing for us this day. We thank Him for His healing power that is available to us and He provides today. Pray to God our healer. Give Him all of your hurts, mental and physical. Thank Him, trust Him, ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name.
Noon and Evening Bible Study
CG Family and Friends: In an effort to aid in the containment of the Coronavirus, Center Grove has taken the following precautions:
- All regularly scheduled church meetings and activities are postponed until further notice. This includes Noon and Evening Bible Studies, Choir Rehearsals, and Ministry Meetings. We are also working to have our Wednesday Bible Studies on the web.
- The Church Office will be closed. We will be monitoring the phones and emails. So, don’t hesitate to call or contact the church, or Pastor if needed.
- During this time Online Giving is encouraged. You may give via the church website (www.centergroveumc.org), or the UMCgo App (available on Android and IOS). For those who want to give by check, please mail your offering to: Center Grove UMC, P.O. Box 5957, Huntsville, AL 35814.
- We are working to provide a weekly Sunday morning message through the church website.
- What’s Happening (e-newsletter) will be sent out daily to keep you informed and updated. Information and updates will also be posted on the Church Facebook Page.
We will do our best to keep things as normal as possible. We expect this postponement to last approximately two weeks. However, this is a fluid event that might take longer. Thank you to everyone who’s working so faithfully during these trying times.
The church of Jesus Christ is the hope of the world. Stay healthy! Keep Praying! God is in control!
Coronavirus disease 2019 is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus. The disease is the cause of the 2019-2020 coronavirus outbreak. It passes from one person to others by respiratory droplets produced from the airways, often during coughing or sneezing. Time from exposure to onset of symptoms is generally between 2 and 14 days. Symptoms are: Fever, cough, and shortness of breath are the most common.
- Wash hands often throughout the day.
- Use alcohol-based liquid hand sanitizer several times a day.
- Limit handshakes and hugs. People will understand during this time of increasing virus awareness.
- Consider postponing long trips, especially international travel.
- Cough into your bent elbow rather than hands.
- Be a spacious person. Determine if it is not necessary to be in close proximity of someone to have a conversation.
- Do not wear a mask if you are not sick.
- Do not wait, seek medical attention if you suspect that you have any of the symptoms. An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Testing for the Coronavirus in Alabama
Need to Tithe on the Go?
Get Your Free UMCgo APP Today!
*Download the app; search for Center Grove (2969 State Rte 53, Huntsville, AL 35806); press the heart to Give!
Remember The Sick & Home-bound
DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, ALL SCHOOLS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED THROUGH FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2020. ALL SCHOOL-SPONSORED ACTIVITIES ARE POSTPONED UNTIL APRIL 30, 2020. HUNTSVILLE CITY SCHOOLS WILL PROVIDE GRAB-AND-GO MEALS BEGINNING MARCH 17TH THROUGH MARCH 27TH FROM 10:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. MEAL PICKUP SITES ARE:
- Lee High School
- Lakewood Elementary
- Morris Elementary and Middle
- Dawson Elementary
- Chaffee Elementary
- Highlands Elementary
- Sonnie Hereford Elementary
- McDonnell Elementary
For more information concerning the Huntsville City Schools meal program and school updates, please visit the Huntsville City Schools website.