CG Family and Friends: In an effort to aid in the containment of the Coronavirus, Center Grove has taken the following precautions:
- All regularly scheduled church meetings and activities are postponed until further notice. This includes Noon and Evening Bible Studies, Choir Rehearsals, and Ministry Meetings. We are also working to have our Wednesday Bible Studies on the web.
- The Church Office will be closed. We will be monitoring the phones and emails. So, don’t hesitate to call or contact the church, or Pastor if needed.
- During this time Online Giving is encouraged. You may give via the church website (www.centergroveumc.org), or the UMCgo App (available on Android and IOS). For those who want to give by check, please mail your offering to: Center Grove UMC, P.O. Box 5957, Huntsville, AL 35814.
- We are working to provide a weekly Sunday morning message through the church website.
- What’s Happening (e-newsletter) will be sent out daily to keep you informed and updated. Information and updates will also be posted on the Church Facebook Page.
We will do our best to keep things as normal as possible. We expect this postponement to last approximately two weeks. However, this is a fluid event that might take longer. Thank you to everyone who’s working so faithfully during these trying times.
The church of Jesus Christ is the hope of the world. Stay healthy! Keep Praying! God is in control!
Even though the church building is close, our worship and service shall not cease. Join us online Wednesdays and Sundays during our Facebook Live to learn, fellowship and pray together still.
Welcome to Center Grove UMC
We are a church that believes in Jesus, and making disciples.
Our Rich Legacy
Center Grove Donations
with one another in love. Make every effort to keep this holy unity.
Ready to give? Click here
BMCR focuses on separation plans, leadership views
Much of the annual meeting of the African American caucus of The United Methodist Church focused on major changes being proposed to the now-delayed General Conference, as well as the views of black church leaders.
During its 53rd annual meeting, Black Methodists for Church Renewal endorsed the Protocol of Reconciliation & Grace Through Separation, a plan for amicable separation of the church.
General Conference to move to 2021
Subsequent to the announcement by the Executive Committee of the Commission on the General Conference that the 2020 General Conference will be postponed, the full Commission met March 21, 2020 to determine next steps to take in setting a new date.
After hearing recommendations from Sara Hotchkiss, Business Manager of the General Conference, and discussion of possible alternatives, the Commission made a determination that the General Conference will not meet in 2020 as originally planned and elected to work toward setting a date in 2021.